Based in Austin, TX
August 15, 2019
Overpass is a road trip rhythm game where you journey to uncover the history of the future. Using a brand-new perspective, move to the music as the world moves past you.
The idea for Overpass was slowly formed from decades of staring out the window of a moving vehicle, listening to music, watching shapes go by. It’s a sensation many of us have experienced, sometimes more often than we’d be able to recount. While that’s largely where this all started, I really have to credit Michel Gondry’s visionary music video for Star Guitar by The Chemical Brothers. To this day it’s still one of the most mesmerizing displays of sights and sounds that truly captures what it’s like when everything outside your window matches what you hear. It wasn’t until I had already begun working on Overpass that I had the pleasure of riding a similar train through the countryside of France, where I was sure to sit in the correct orientation, listening to the most fitting song possible.
- Navigate a rhythm game where perspective is your biggest enemy
- Cruise through 8 global regions and over 30 unique, hand-crafted tracks
- Bounce, cruise, and chill with an original album from Makeup and Vanity Set
- Branching paths allow you to design your own playlist for each adventure
- Perfect your scores or go for a marathon road trip to truly test your endurance
- Craft amazing levels using your own music in the Track Editor
- Workshop support allows you to share your creations with the world
- Full controller and keyboard options to suit your play style
Launch Trailer YouTube
Wishlist Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection - IndieCade" Los Angeles, CA, October 2017
- "Official Selection - Fantastic Arcade" Austin, TX, November 2017
- "Official Selection - DreamHack" Austin, TX, June 2018
- "Overpass is immediate, tactile, and beautiful."
- Luke Winkie, PC Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Coming Soon http:.
About Studio Bean
Studio Bean is an independent videogame company run by developer Michael Molinari. Its games have common themes of love, exercise experimentation in interactivity and gameplay, and are highly visual and aural in presentation. They're usually strange as well.
More information on Studio Bean, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design, Art, Programming
Power Up Audio
Makeup and Vanity Set