Based in California, USA
September 1, 2009
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionStudio Bean is an independent videogame company run by developer Michael Molinari. Its games have common themes of love, exercise experimentation in interactivity and gameplay, and are highly visual and aural in presentation. They're usually strange as well.
Molinari has been creating games for over 10 years, releasing most titles as free Flash games online. Most of his earlier work consists of bite-sized experiments and other interesting designs for interaction.Colors Get Brighter
Upon gaining a BFA in Computer Animation from the Ringling College of Art + Design, Molinari's work took a more sophisticated turn, starting with a series of experimental semi-autobiographies created for game design competitions. The focus of these games was on narrative, amplified by a rich composition of color, sound, and interesting interactivity. He has also teamed up with other developers (most often Chelsea Howe) for 48-hour gamejams, including the Global GameJam and MolyJam. Studio Bean continues to push forward the possibilities of interactive entertainment, focusing above all else on a player's experience from start to finish.
BasketBelle Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Studio Bean, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade Finalist" - BasketBelle, 2011
- "The Creators Project Showcase: San Francisco" - BasketBelle, 2012
- "1st Place, Casual Gameplay Design Competition" - ...But That Was [Yesterday], 2010
- "3rd Place, Casual Gameplay Design Competition" - [Together], How My Grandfather Won The War, 2009, 2010
- "A rare sports based game that makes you reflect on life."
- Ken Ellis, DIY Gamer
- "That this little browser game moved me is hardly surprising..."
- Quintin Smith, Rock, Paper Shotgun
- "It's also Molinari's most sophisticated effort to date, a promising effort from a talented young designer."
- J. P. Grant, Kill Screen
- "Fans of pure aesthetics will delight in [Together]'s rich artwork and animation. It's a beautiful game."
- Matt Duffy, Play This Thing
- "...a lovingly crafted title that is an absolute must play for anyone who enjoys art or emotional stories..."
- Dora Breckinridge, JayIsGames
Team & Repeating
Design / Audio